“You’re born with dyslexia. It's not something that you're going to grow out of, it's not a t-shirt. It's with you through the rest of your life. Yet you can practice strategies to make it better.” Elle
Building on our commitment to nurture, respect, and educate diverse learners, Bancroft School is fortunate to showcase the Hope Graham Program, a specialized program within our school community for students in grades 2 through 8 with language based learning differences. By targeting the child's individual challenges and bolstering their strengths, the Hope Graham Program seeks to empower each student in their educational journey.
- HGP students are integrated into every facet of Bancroft across all grade levels, including classes, projects, clubs, music & drama programs, robotics and technology, after-school activities, and athletics allowing them hands-on learning and daily opportunities for collaboration with non-HGP peers
- Grade level cohorts are no more than eight students each, allowing for individualized instruction that supports students' needs while highlighting their strengths
- Students receive individualized instruction by expert teachers in decoding, vocabulary, comprehension, spelling, reading fluency, writing, and math
- A systematic, multi-sensory approach to teaching reading based upon the philosophy of Orton-Gillingham
- Training in the latest assistive technologies, ensuring that HGP students can access content and demonstrate their learning without barriers
There is transformative power within our Hope Graham Program. We witness positive chances in everything from academic skills to their sense of self-efficacy and self-advocacy. HGP allows our students the opportunity to own their learning by providing highly specialized instruction focused on their individual needs all while experiencing the benefits of an independent school education.
- Matt Ganas
Head of Middle School
Director of the Hope Graham Program & Academic Support
Matt Ganas, M.Ed. Director
Kimberly Landers, M.Ed.
Colleen Hunter, M.Ed.
Lana LeBlanc, M.Ed.
Kimberly Rogers, M.Ed.
Judith Sbrogna, M.Ed.
Experience what it means to own your learning. Schedule a visit to our campus today.