Bancroft's Learning Laboratory Method (LLM)
Using an active, student-centered teaching approach we call the Learning Laboratory Method (LLM), Bancroft helps students develop the skills, knowledge, and character to thrive in today’s ever-changing global community. Flexible learning spaces and schedules, community partnerships, local field trips, international travel opportunities — every aspect of the School — supports LLM and feeds into a robust environment in which students own their learning.
These questions provide a blueprint for Bancroft faculty as they strive to further infuse LLM into their instruction:
- Are there opportunities for student choice and student-driven inquiry?
- Are there opportunities to learn outside of the classroom?
- Are there opportunities for cross-curricular work?
- Are there opportunities to involve other faculty members and other adults?
- What technological resources support the goals of the course?
- What real-world connections and applications exist?
- What assessments will we use in this course?
- Is there an authentic audience for the work the students will accomplish?
- What professional development may be required to ensure success?