Four beliefs frame the Global Studies experience for our students as they develop into citizens of the global community:
- Learning takes place when we step outside of the known environment, beyond what is familiar and comfortable;
- Global engagement and cultural awareness are threads to be woven throughout a student's career at Bancroft;
- Exposure to cultural differences builds empathy and understanding of diversity in all its forms; and
- Bancroft’s unique PreK–12 experience allows occasions to periodically reflect on how global learning has changed and enriched our perspectives over time.
Lower School: Introduction & Connection
Multidimensional Central Subject units combine history, literature, geography, and writing.
- Hands-on art and music introduce cultures and peoples from other times and places.
- Field trips and our foreign language program in French and Spanish add to these connections and expose students to the world’s richness and complexity at an early age.
- View Curriculum for: Grade 1, Grade 2, Grade 3, Grade 4, Grade 5
Middle School: Exploration & Discovery
Language offerings expand to encompass Latin, Spanish, French, and Mandarin.
- Teachers guide students to think creatively and analytically as they explore new ideas about environment, culture, and politics.
- Extensive community service outings reveal our power to improve lives, and raise awareness of our roles as global citizens.
- World travel opportunities allow exploration and discovery of different ways of life.
Upper School: Experience & Impact
- Advanced language classes deepen cultural awareness.
- Service projects in and around Worcester impact communities both locally and globally.
- Global travel and study opportunities expand to several different continents.
- The International Student Program welcomes up to 20 international students who are fully matriculated for the four years of Upper School.