7th grade Latin combines the fun exploration of the Romans from the 6th grade Phenomenon of Language class with solid academics in acquiring and retaining the Latin language.
Students access Latin with Cambridge Latin Series via an ebook on their iPad. This cutting edge text includes embedded video, audio, puzzles, games, and brings Latin alive to the 21st century. Along with this modern edition of a classic Latin book, students “gamify” many lessons by turning topics such as Romans and Barbarians into classroom games.
What You'll Learn
- The first three declensions of nouns
- The three declensions of adjectives
- Four conjugations in the present and imperfect tense
- Imperatives for the same basic pronouns
- Simple Latin phrases and quotes
- The Seven Kings of Rome
- The Trojan War myth cycle
- Prepositions and their objects
- Approximately 1,000 Latin words.
Students take the National Latin Exam on the introductory level. Sample copies of the exam can be found at http://www.nle.org/. We also visit Brown University for their Winter Latin concert. And some years, we offer a trip to Rome for both 7th and 8th grade students.