2018 Upper School Fall Sports Practice Information
PRACTICES FOR CROSS COUNTRY, FIELD HOCKEY, GOLF, SOCCER, AND VOLLEYBALL BEGIN AUGUST 20th.
August 20-24: 4:00-7:00 PM
August 27-30: 3:45-5:30 PM
SPORT SIGNUP: If you are new to Bancroft and have not yet signed up for the fall sport in which you’d like to participate, please do so HERE as soon as possible, in order to ensure that you receive all relevant correspondence from the coach.
PHYSICALS: All students who participate in Bancroft Athletics are required to have a current Health Physical Examination Form, signed by their doctor, on file in the Health Center, before the start of Fall team practices on August 20th. No exceptions. Physicals must be renewed every 12 months in order to participate in the interscholastic Athletics program. If you are unsure when your child's physical exam expires, please contact Nurse Sue Bream in the school Health Center at 508-854-9240 as soon as possible.
**If you find that you are unable to schedule a physical exam with your Primary Care Physician before practices begin on August 20th, the School physician, Dr. Cleary, will be available on August 7th ONLY, beginning at 9:00 AM to conduct physical exams in the Health Center. Pre-registration for a physical exam with Dr. Cleary is required by July 24th. No walk-ins will be taken. You can register for an exam HERE.
CONCUSSION TESTING: All students entering Grades 9 & 11, and all students new to Bancroft, take the ImPACT Concussion Test. No preparation is needed. It is a computer test designed to record baseline cognitive reaction times. Testing will be coordinated by Wayne Penniman, our Head Athletic Trainer, on August 22, 23, and 24, from 3:00-4:00 PM. Permission forms are sent to students and parents electronically over the summer. Forms need to be signed by student-athletes and their parent(s) before testing begins on August 22nd. For more information about the ImPACT Concussion Testing program, please click HERE.
US PRACTICE SCHEDULE
Week 1: August 20–24, 2018
- Mon., August 20: 4:00-7:00 PM - Practice
- Tues., August 21: 4:00-7:00 PM - Practice
- Wed., August 22: 3:00-4:00 PM - ImPACT testing* / 4:00-7:00 PM - Practice
- Thur., August 23: 3:00-4:00 PM - ImPACT testing* / 4:00-7:00 PM - Practice
- Fri., August 24: 3:00-4:00 PM - ImPACT testing* / 4:00-7:00 PM - Practice
*ImPACT Testing only for students entering Grades 9 and 11, and ALL new students to Bancroft
Week 2: August 27–30, 2018
- Mon., August 27: 3:45-5:30 PM - Practice
- Tues., August 28: 3:45-5:30 PM - Practice
- Wed., August 29: 3:45-5:30 PM - Practice
- Thur., August 30: 3:45-5:30 PM - Practice
*No practices on Fri., August 31 or Mon., September 3.*
IMPORTANT FALL SPORTS DATES
- Saturday, September 8 – Fall Play Day 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
Boys’ Soccer, Girls’ Soccer, Field Hockey, Volleyball
- Saturday, September 22 – Bancroft Homecoming & Fall Festival
All teams compete
- Saturday, October 13 – Homecoming @ Lexington Christian Academy (Lexington, MA)
All teams compete
TEAM INFORMATION: If you have questions about a specific team, please contact Tracy Jones, Director of Athletics, at email@example.com.