How to Apply for Financial Aid
Although we expect that families will be the first resource from which tuition bills are paid, our financial aid program is designed to ensure that qualified candidates who cannot afford the full tuition will have the opportunity to enjoy a Bancroft education. Our goal is to distribute our financial aid resources in a fair and equitable manner and to help as many families as possible afford Bancroft.
In order to help us determine each family’s need, we use School and Student Services (SSS) for Financial Aid in Princeton, New Jersey. Based on the financial information you provide, SSS provides an estimated amount your family can contribute to educational expenses. This helps us make fair and objective financial aid decisions.
You must submit your completed Parents' Financial Statement (PFS) and supporting documentation to SSS no later than February 1, 2018 to be eligible for first round consideration for financial aid. We will communicate financial aid decisions in late March.
For any questions, please contact the Admission Office at email@example.com.
To apply for financial aid for the 2018/19 academic year, please follow the steps below.
- Go to sss.nais.org/parents
- Click on the “Apply Now” button.
- You will set up a PFS Online account using your e-mail address and a password. Returning parents: If you completed an online PFS application last year, use your e-mail address and existing password. If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot my password.”
- Submit and pay for the PFS. This fee is nonrefundable.
Our school requires that you submit to SSS online the following documents in addition to your completed Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS):
- 2017 W-2 tax forms by February 1st.
- 2017 Federal Tax Returns (form 1040) as soon as possible, but by April 15th at the latest.
- (If applicable) the SSS Business/Farm Statement as soon as possible, but by April 15th at the latest. (The SSS Business/Farm statement should be submitted by parents who carry any degree of ownership of a business or farm.)
To submit these documents online: Go to the Manage Documents tab in the PFS Online. There you can upload documents from your computer. Make sure the documents are on your computer, each saved as a separate file. They can be saved in any of the following file formats and each must not be more than 1.5 MB in size: Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe pdf, .jpg, .gif, or .tif. Remove any security or password protection you may have on any pdfs and black out any social security numbers. On the Manage Documents page, click on “Browse,” locate the document, then click on “Upload.”