Thank you for your interest in employment at Bancroft School. Located in Worcester, MA, we are an independent, non-sectarian, college preparatory school for students in PreK through Grade 12. Founded in 1900, Bancroft provides a superior education for students with diverse backgrounds and talents and develops responsible, ethical, lifelong learners.
Sign up for alerts via text or email when new positions are posted (select "Employment").
NOTE: Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to avoid the application auto-receipt from being directed to your spam folder. Thank you.
CLICK THE DESIRED JOB TITLE TO VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Families throughout Central Mass. and MetroWest choose Bancroft School for its robust college-preparatory academics and supportive community. The Bancroft experience fosters good people who emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. Bancroft students develop deep connections in the community, and form lasting relationships with faculty, coaches, and peers. Each child’s individual learning style and interests guide their explorations into core academics, arts, sports, and co-curriculars. Founded in 1900, Bancroft is Greater Worcester’s leading independent PreK–12 day school.
Bancroft School seeks an experienced girls’ soccer coach to join our Athletics Department for the fall 2019 season who possesses strong leadership skills; a positive, education-based approach to athletics; and solid understanding of the game. Bancroft is a member of the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC) and participates in the Eastern Independent League (EIL). The Varsity Head Coach directs and coordinates all aspects of the girls’ soccer program, in concert with Bancroft’s mission and values. Key responsibilities include planning and running daily practices, game day coaching, travel to and from away contests, attending all program and League meetings, responding to requests from prospective student-athletes, and handling administrative tasks as needed. The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, and motivated, and committed to working with high school students within the context of a day school committed to promoting health and wellness, teamwork, good citizenship, and sportsmanship. This position reports to the Director of Athletics.
Qualifications and skills required for the position:
- Adhere to the Athletics philosophy of Bancroft School and all Eastern Independent League (EIL) and NEPSAC policies and procedures for participation and competition.
- Attend all preseason and postseason meetings scheduled by the Athletics Department and EIL/NEPSAC.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the sport and experience leading/organizing a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for working with high school students
- Commitment to working collegially in a diverse community and communicating effectively with a diverse population
- Must have valid driver’s license and successfully complete a criminal background check
- Some evening and weekend hours required.
The fall athletics season begins August 19th and ends in mid-November. Practices are held Monday-Friday from 3:45-5:30pm. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by email to Michelle Santana, Executive Assistant at email@example.com.