Thank you for your interest in employment at Bancroft School. Located in Worcester, MA, we are an independent, non-sectarian, college preparatory school for students in PreK through Grade 12. Founded in 1900, Bancroft provides a superior education for students with diverse backgrounds and talents and develops responsible, ethical, lifelong learners.
Sign up for alerts via text or email when new positions are posted (select "Employment").
NOTE: Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to avoid the application auto-receipt from being directed to your spam folder. Thank you.
CLICK THE DESIRED JOB TITLE TO VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Bancroft School is a community of students, faculty, administrators and parents working together to create an atmosphere of engaged learning. The Bancroft experience empowers both our students and our employees to develop connections and embrace their unique talents to emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. A PreK – Grade 12 independent day school located in Worcester, Massachusetts, we are committed to cultivating a community that embraces differences and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community.
The new science teacher will be an experienced, talented teacher looking for a position where passion and innovation are encouraged and supported. The teacher will need to have expertise in both chemistry and biology. While curriculum is in place, faculty are encouraged -- and expected -- to propose new ideas and enthusiastically collaborate with peers in the Department as we continually embrace current pedagogy. Faculty must demonstrate a commitment to inquiry-based science exploration and design field-oriented work for students.
• Teach Chemistry and Biology
• Create and teach upper-level elective offerings
• Participate in all aspects of Upper School life including coaching, club leadership, and advising
• Connect students with mentors and experts in the local community
Essential Skills and Experience
• Master’s degree and education in science preferred
• Three to five years teaching experience preferred
• Experience in and enthusiasm for designing curriculum and inquiry-based learning
• Proven ability to differentiate instruction and work in multiple modalities
• Comfort with educational technologies and development of lab skills
Essential Attitudes and Aptitudes
• A continued interest in Professional Development as a lifelong learner
• A student-centered educator
• A collaborative spirit
• A willingness to participate with enthusiasm in all aspects of the school community.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to email@example.com.
Bancroft is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.