Thank you for your interest in employment at Bancroft School. Located in Worcester, MA, we are an independent, non-sectarian, college preparatory school for students in PreK through Grade 12. Founded in 1900, Bancroft provides a superior education for students with diverse backgrounds and talents and develops responsible, ethical, lifelong learners.
Sign up for alerts via text or email when new positions are posted (select "Employment").
NOTE: Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to avoid the application auto-receipt from being directed to your spam folder. Thank you.
CLICK THE DESIRED JOB TITLE TO VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Bancroft School is a community of students, faculty, administrators and parents working together to create an atmosphere of engaged learning. The Bancroft experience empowers both our students and our employees to develop connections and embrace their unique talents to emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. A PreK – Grade 12 independent day school located in Worcester, Massachusetts, we are committed to cultivating a community that embraces differences and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community.
The new English teacher will be an experienced, talented teacher looking for a position where passion and innovation are encouraged and supported.
Faculty in the Middle School teach four classes, advise a group of 7 – 9 students, and work with students in activities and clubs. The ability to support reading, critical thinking, research, and writing skills are central to this position. The best candidates will also demonstrate an ability to successfully collaborate with colleagues across disciplines.
- Teach two sections of eighth grade English and two sections of sixth grade English
- Participate in all aspects of Middle School life including advising, activities, clubs, and, if applicable, coaching
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Education (Master’s preferred)
- Three to five years teaching experience preferred
- Experience in and enthusiasm for designing curriculum and inquiry-based learning
- Proven ability to differentiate instruction
Essential Attitudes and Aptitudes
- A continued interest in Professional Development as a lifelong learner
- A collaborative spirit
- A willingness to participate with enthusiasm in all aspects of the school community
- An understanding of and love for Middle School students
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to email@example.com.
Bancroft is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.