Thank you for your interest in employment at Bancroft School. Located in Worcester, MA, we are an independent, non-sectarian, college preparatory school for students in PreK through Grade 12. Founded in 1900, Bancroft provides a superior education for students with diverse backgrounds and talents and develops responsible, ethical, lifelong learners.
Sign up for alerts via text or email when new positions are posted (select "Employment").
CLICK THE DESIRED JOB TITLE TO VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Families throughout Central Massachusetts and MetroWest choose Bancroft School for its robust college-preparatory academics and supportive community. The Bancroft experience fosters good people who emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. Bancroft students develop deep connections in the community, and form lasting relationships with faculty, coaches, and peers. Each child’s individual learning style and interests guide their explorations into core academics, arts, sports, and co-curriculars. Founded in 1900, Bancroft is Greater Worcester’s leading independent PreK–12 day school.
Bancroft School seeks an Aftercare Coordinator to join our professional staff starting in September. We are looking for a responsible individual to support the needs of Bancroft’s Extended Day Program for children ages 4 to 14. The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing a safe, enriching and respectful after school child care program. They will have physical endurance to cover large spaces and a keen eye for detail and diligence.
Major responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and assist with implementing program activities
- Provide hands-on programming and oversight that are developmentally age appropriate
- Maintain daily attendance records
- Assist with homework and other routine academic tasks
- Initiate and instruct students in fun games, social activities, and outdoor play
- Encourage positive social skills and interaction with peers
- Prepare snacks and distribute to students
- Engage with Parents and Guardians at pick-up time
- Maintain a clean and organized play space
- Adhere to all safety requirements and protocol
- Supervise teen aftercare staff and monitor their engagement with students
- An associate degree in Early Childhood Education is preferred
- Experience working with school age children for at least one year
- A joyful enthusiasm for elementary level learners
- Demonstrated competence with monitoring children of all ages
- Possess the ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Must be honest, in good health, and present a neat appearance
- An understanding of the developmental needs of children ages 4 to 14
- Be a self-started and perform job with little supervision
- Eagerness and ability to bring new ideas forward to enhance the program
- Supervisory experience is a plus