Thank you for your interest in employment at Bancroft School. Located in Worcester, MA, we are an independent, non-sectarian, college preparatory school for students in PreK through Grade 12. Founded in 1900, Bancroft provides a superior education for students with diverse backgrounds and talents and develops responsible, ethical, lifelong learners.
Sign up for alerts via text or email when new positions are posted (select "Employment").
CLICK THE DESIRED JOB TITLE TO VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Families throughout Central Massachusetts and MetroWest choose Bancroft School for its robust college-preparatory academics and supportive community. The Bancroft experience fosters good people who emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. Bancroft students develop deep connections in the community, and form lasting relationships with faculty, coaches, and peers. Each child’s individual learning style and interests guide their explorations into core academics, arts, sports, and co-curriculars. Founded in 1900, Bancroft is Greater Worcester’s leading independent PreK–12 day school.
Bancroft School seeks a custodian to join our Campus Enhancement and Operations crew starting in August of 2018. We are looking for a responsible individual to maintain and protect our facilities. The external and internal appearance of the buildings and grounds are an important reflection of the Bancroft community. A custodian should be careful and thorough in working, cleaning, and tidying the premises. The ideal candidate will be experienced in building upkeep. Physical endurance is critical as the work spreads across Bancroft’s vast campus.
Major responsibilities of the custodian include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by tidying furniture and dusting surfaces; sweeping/mopping/vacuuming floors; emptying wastebaskets and trash/recycling containers; replacing lightbulbs; refilling restroom and classroom dispensers; washing accessible interior and exterior windows and blinds.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms using established practices and procedures.
- Set up facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings; secure buildings when facilities are not in use.
- Participate in snow removal operations and preparation when needed, including using shovels or power equipment; spreading ice-melt; and other actions required to maintain a safe campus during inclement weather.
Department: Campus Enhancement and Operations
This is a 12-month/non-exempt position.