Thank you for your interest in employment at Bancroft School. Located in Worcester, MA, we are an independent, non-sectarian, college preparatory school for students in PreK through Grade 12. Founded in 1900, Bancroft provides a superior education for students with diverse backgrounds and talents and develops responsible, ethical, lifelong learners.
Sign up for alerts via text or email when new positions are posted (select "Employment").
CLICK THE DESIRED JOB TITLE TO VIEW FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
Families throughout Central Massachusetts and MetroWest choose Bancroft School for its robust college-preparatory academics and supportive community. The Bancroft experience fosters good people who emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. Bancroft students develop deep connections in the community, and form lasting relationships with faculty, coaches, and peers. Each child’s individual learning style and interests guide their explorations into core academics, arts, sports, and co-curriculars. Founded in 1900, Bancroft is Greater Worcester’s leading independent PreK–12 day school.
Bancroft School seeks a Business Office Assistant. The primary purpose of this position is to perform the Accounts Payable and Cash Receipts/Deposits function and to assist the Business Office team with other aspects of the day to day operation.
The essential functions of this position require that the employee possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to problem solve
- Excellent accuracy, attention to detail, and patience – this is a task driven role.
- Ability to work independently and make routine decisions related to A/P and Cash Receipts
- Strong organizational skills; ability to establish and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to be bonded
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting practices
Associates Degree in accounting or equivalent work experience;
Three years prior experience in an accounting or business position;
Experience in an educational or non-profit environment desirable;
Proficient in the use of Microsoft office, Word, Excel;
Experience working with enterprise accounting software highly desirable; and
Proven experience completing the annual audit process.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and three current references to Patricia Doon, Director of Finance and Administration, email@example.com.