Grade 8 OverviewBancroft’s 8th grade experience challenges students with many opportunities for leadership and learning. The Advisory Program is integral to each 8th grader’s experience. Our character education themes include decision-making, internet safety, exam study skills, media literacy, nutrition, and sexuality education.
- Urged to be the role models of the Middle School, 8th graders embrace their responsibilities at the beginning of the year when they help lead the 6th grade orientation.
- Other 8th grade responsibilities include giving a speech or “Forum” at a Friday Assembly in front of the Middle School, and solving a comprehensive Sludge Lab for science.
- Each year the 8th grade performs a play in the fall.
- In connection with their experience on stage, 8th graders will attend a play in the fall.
- In May students complete an English-history project for our World Fair, complete with international culinary delights.
Grade 8 Courses