Technology Trainer and Support Technician
About Bancroft School
Bancroft School is a community of students, faculty, administrators, and parents working together to create an atmosphere of engaged and active learning where students discover their unique paths with joy and confidence. Students are empowered to celebrate and deepen their curricular excellence and embrace their talents to emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens.
Bancroft is a PreK – Grade 12 independent day school located in Worcester, Massachusetts – a thriving city with a rich history and a bright future and one in which the school is deeply invested. Founded in 1900, the School’s 30-acre campus in a residential neighborhood north of downtown Worcester. 400 students come from 63 cities and towns around central Massachusetts and represent different backgrounds and experiences that contribute to the unique and diverse learning environment.
Bancroft is a workshop constantly in motion — an open and inclusive campus that inspires learners to engage with one another, their communities, and the world in meaningful and impactful ways. The school is committed to cultivating a community that embraces diversity and an inclusive campus in which each individual is safe, known, and valued. Bancroft students and faculty are committed to honoring the dignity of the individual and the celebration of difference.
In January of 2020, the school unveiled a 5-year strategic plan, BluePrint125- a product of extensive internal investigation and collaborative discussion among the School’s many constituents. In recent years, the School has made significant investments in campus enhancements to improve energy efficiency, air quality, and public safety; create flexible, multi-functional spaces in the Upper School building, music wing of the Performing Arts Center and new Field House.
Bancroft School seeks a Technology Trainer and Support Technician to join our dynamic team of educators working out of our library for this 12-month position. We are looking for someone who will use problem-solving and people skills to proactively support our community with technology use solutions and to assure Bancroft students, faculty and staff have swift resolutions to their technical problems. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to educate team members about hardware and software, while independently keeping their own technical know-how up to date. With a service-oriented approach and an empathetic nature, the person will provide advice and support every day across our PreK to 12th grade campus.
- Provide insightful advice and friendly, hands-on technical support to your clients (Bancroft students, faculty and staff) in need
- Quickly diagnose product issues on the spot, explaining situations with patience and empathy
- Determine whether repairs can be done or a replacement is needed, and offer solutions to quickly get users up and running again
- Provide technology training, direction and leadership for students, faculty and staff
- While juggling more than one client, stay conscious of their time demands as well as your own
- Earn the trust of clients and coworkers alike as you offer guidance, knowledge, tips and training
- Work collaboratively as a member of the Library Team assisting community members with functions and services of the library
- Performs other duties as required
- Moderate degree of physical stamina and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Frequent and prolonged standing, walking and bending. Ability to move freely around the school buildings and grounds. Exposure to weather conditions. Exposure to noise and activity levels associated with school life.
- Amazing client service skills
- Hardware knowledge — desktop/laptop/devices
- Apple/Microsoft OS troubleshooting skills
- Network knowledge — fundamental understanding of how networks work
- Systems knowledge — understands Student Information Systems, and administrative systems such as Blackbaud
- Ability to communicate with diverse groups and individuals
- Able to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions
- Adapts to changing priorities
- Able to work with minimum supervision
Essential Attitudes & Aptitudes
- A collaborative spirit
- A willingness to participate and partner with colleagues on cultural and curricular initiatives
- An understanding of and love for working with teachers and students in an academic setting
Bancroft seeks dynamic candidates who will be active participants in the community beyond the classroom, with additional interest in overseeing extracurricular activities in athletics, clubs, and activities. Bancroft is committed to cultivating and sustaining a community that embraces difference and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to email@example.com
Bancroft School is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. Bancroft School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we subscribe to all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination of any sort in our hiring practices.