Performs a variety of work in the cleaning and maintenance of buildings and grounds at buildings on campus; assists in the setup, running, and breakdown of Bancroft events.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms using established practices and procedure.
- Cleans, dusts, and wipes furniture; sweeps, mops, or vacuums floors; empties/cleans wastebaskets and trash/recycling containers; replaces light bulbs; refills restroom and classroom dispensers; Washes accessible interior and exterior windows and cleans blinds.
- Assists with the setup of facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
- Strips, cleans, buffs and applies floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors, vacuums and shampoos carpets.
- Uses and maintains assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, etc.
- Washes walls and equipment; uses ladders when required in work assignments.
- Locks and unlocks assigned buildings: secures building when facilities are not in use
- Checks for unlocked doors and windows, reports any unauthorized occupants, turns off lights.
- Follows instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies, using only as directed.
- Participates in snow removal operations and preparation when needed including using shovels, or power equipment; spreading ice melt; and other activities required to maintain a safe campus in winter.
- Moves furniture, equipment, supplies and tools on an incidental basis.
- Attends to emergencies when necessary.
- Attends safety meetings and other related meetings. Adheres to all polices, school and governmental such as OSHA rules, Bancroft health and safety regulations and guidelines, etc.
- Safely operates all vehicles and other job related equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Communicate with diverse groups.
- Provide direction and leadership.
- Adhere to safety practices.
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Adapt to changing priorities.
- Work varying shifts and extended hours in varying weather conditions.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Customer service oriented.
- Able to multi-task.
- Professional appearance.
- Must work collaboratively as a team member.
Moderate to extensive degree of physical stamina and frequent lifting up to 50 pounds. Frequent and prolonged standing, walking and bending. Ability to move freely around the school building and grounds. Exposure to weather conditions. Exposure to chemicals, dirt, dust, and paint. Exposure to noise and activity levels associated with school life.
This is a non-exempt full-time position.
Bancroft is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to KC McKeon at email@example.com