About Bancroft School
Through active, inquiry-based learning and challenging experiences, Bancroft School empowers students in grades PreK to 12 with the skills, knowledge and confidence to make a difference in their community and the world. Guided by outstanding teachers, curious learners engage with one another and celebrate the strengths and lived experiences of each individual. Bancroft School seeks to be the first choice for students and families seeking to own their journey to mastery and independence in an inclusive campus where each individual is safe, known, and valued.
Bancroft is located in Worcester, Massachusetts — a thriving city with a rich history and a bright future in which the school is deeply invested. Founded in 1900, Bancroft’s 30-acre campus is in a residential neighborhood just north of downtown. Our 400 students from 63 cities and towns around central Massachusetts represent a variety of different backgrounds that contribute to a unique and diverse learning environment.
In January of 2020, the school unveiled a 5-year strategic plan, BluePrint125 — a product of extensive internal investigation and collaborative discussion among the School’s many constituents. In recent years, the School has made significant investments in campus upgrades to improve energy efficiency, air quality, and public safety. Other major campus enhancements have included the creation of flexible, multi-functional learning spaces in the areas of performing arts, athletics, and technology.
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management, the Associate Director of Admission will assist in the development, implementation and assessment of the School’s admission process and help guide the recruitment, tracking and enrollment of qualified candidates for admission. The Associate Director of Admission will implement the strategic recruitment, admission, and retention efforts for our Lower School Division (grades PreK to 5) and our Hope Graham Program for students with Language Based Learning Differences (grades 2 to 8). The successful candidate will be innovative and creative; a self-starter who will take initiative; is attentive to detail; a team player; familiar with school marketing efforts; experienced with event planning; with a level of comfort and confidence in working with students from a variety of cultures and backgrounds; and possess excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Ideal candidates will enjoy working directly with families, have the ability to multitask, handle pressure situations, and maintain professionalism and confidentiality. This is a 12-month position and includes some evening and weekend responsibilities.
We are posting this role as Associate Director of Admission for Lower School - the formal title of the role will be dependent upon the experience of the person ultimately selected.
- Assist the Director of Enrollment Management in developing and executing a strategic vision for recruitment and retention, marketing and enrollment of qualified students.
- Actively promote Bancroft School and develop meaningful relationships with prospective students and families.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for prospective candidates and families through personal interviews and campus tours, from point of inquiry through follow-up and enrollment.
- Respond to email, telephone, written, and in-person communications from prospective Lower School students and families. Maintain relationships with families throughout their time at Bancroft.
- Collaborate with the Director of Enrollment Management to develop and implement an outreach strategy that identifies and enrolls mission appropriate Lower School and Hope Graham Program students.
- Conduct recruitment travel for the Lower School including representing Bancroft at educational consultant visits, other educational organizations, school fairs, athletic events, and community events.
- Coordinate the collection and evaluation of all Lower School and Hope Graham Program admission applications including academic transcripts and teacher recommendations, test scores, and student/parent interviews. Present candidates for admission to the Lower School Admission Committee and serve as an active member of the committee.
- Assist in the planning and execution of all recruitment, yield, and retention events including Open Houses, Visit Days, Revisit days, Parent Information Sessions, Receptions, and Campus Tours.
- Manage and lead the Student Ambassador Program.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Equivalent of 1 to 3 years of experience in admission, marketing, teaching, or coaching.
- Background in early childhood or elementary education preferred.
- Excellent analytical, communication, collaborative, leadership, social and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in admission, camp, hospitality, or auxiliary programs preferred.
- Fluent in the use of Google and Microsoft Office products, general ease with technology.
- Previous experience in database management. Prior experience with applications such as Blackbaud and SSS is helpful, though a willingness to approach learning new databases with humor and grit is essential.
- A strong work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with a team.
- Sense of humor, flexibility, energy, high capacity for work, and strong intellectual and emotional intelligence.
Essential Attitudes & Aptitudes
- A collaborative spirit.
- A willingness to participate and partner with colleagues on various initiatives.
- An understanding of and love for Lower School students.
Bancroft seeks dynamic candidates who will be active participants in the community, with interest in supporting extracurricular activities in athletics, clubs, and other programs.
Bancroft is committed to cultivating and sustaining a community that embraces difference and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to email@example.com