Families throughout Central Massachusetts and MetroWest choose Bancroft School for its robust college-preparatory academics and supportive community. The Bancroft experience fosters good people who emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. Bancroft students develop deep connections in the community, and form lasting relationships with faculty, coaches, and peers. Each child’s individual learning style and interests guide their explorations into core academics, arts, sports, and co-curriculars. Founded in 1900, Bancroft is Greater Worcester’s leading independent PreK–12 day school.
Bancroft School seeks an experienced Senior Accountant to enhance our team of Business Office Professionals. We are looking for a candidate that is flexible, and who welcomes a challenge and the reward of working in an academic environment. The Senior Accountant is an integral part of the Business operation, responsible for performing specialized accounting work required to maintain the School’s general ledger. The ideal candidate will be experienced in overseeing the functions of accounting, audit, and budgeting.
Major responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare required documents and information for annual financial audit
- Account for all revenue accounts inclusive of tuition, gifts and donations, and other miscellaneous revenue streams
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll entries and reconcile payroll accounts
- Monitor daily bank activities; record automatic charges and credits; monitor cash flow to ensure fund availability
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Perform, and review daily transactions including but not limited to, cash reconciliations, payable check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, debt activity, recording of revenue and expenses, etc.
- Review account reconciliations on a monthly basis for all aspects of the financial operation
- Assist with monthly closings and the preparation of financial statements
- Manage general ledger accounting system ensuring complete and accurate financial information and reporting
- Provide support for the collection of Bancroft School’s accounts receivables
- Liaison with Smart Tuition, the School’s tuition management plan
- Post all pledges and gifts; work with Advancement Team with recordkeeping and reconciliation of donations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Three to five years of experience preferably working in an academic setting
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting
- Ability to maintain high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- A thorough understanding of general ledger accounting practices
- Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate accounting, financial and service issues that are complex in nature
- Must be able to work intuitively and independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Blackbaud Accounting Systems preferred
- Must be able to report via Excel and Word and possess excellent computer skills including the ability to understand computerized accounting systems at a proficient level
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone inquiries.