Campus Enhancement and Operations
Families throughout Central Massachusetts and MetroWest choose Bancroft School for its robust college-preparatory academics and supportive community. The Bancroft experience fosters good people who emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. Bancroft students develop deep connections in the community, and form lasting relationships with faculty, coaches, and peers. Each child’s individual learning style and interests guide their explorations into core academics, arts, sports, and co-curriculars. Founded in 1900, Bancroft is Greater Worcester’s leading independent PreK–12 day school.
Bancroft School seeks a custodian to join our Campus Enhancement and Operations crew starting in September of 2019. We are looking for a responsible individual to maintain and protect our facilities. The external and internal appearance of the buildings and grounds are an important reflection of the Bancroft community. A custodian should be careful and thorough in working, cleaning, and tidying the premises. The ideal candidate will be experienced in building upkeep. Physical endurance is critical as the work spreads across Bancroft’s large campus.
Major responsibilities of the custodian include, but are not limited to:
· Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by tidying furniture and dusting surfaces; sweeping/mopping/vacuuming floors; emptying wastebaskets and trash/recycling containers; replacing lightbulbs; refill restroom and classroom dispensers; washing accessible interior and exterior windows and blinds.
· Clean and sanitize restrooms using established practices and procedures.
· Setting up facilities for meetings, classrooms, conferences, events, etc.
· Lock and unlock assigned buildings; secure buildings when facilities are not in use.
· Participate in snow removal operations and preparation when needed including using shovels or power equipment; spreading ice-melt; and other actions required to maintain a safe campus during inclement weather.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and references to Cynthia Xenakis, assistant to the Head of School, email@example.com.