1. Ethnic recipes...weren't those French-Canadian cookies delicious!? Research to see if there are other recipes of the BV. You may want to print out recipes our guests could take home, bake some recipes our guests could try, visit bakeries specializing in French-Canadian, Swedish or Cape Verdian food.
2. Create a healthy restaurant menu with a Blackstone Valley theme.
3. Where are some places (community centers, resource groups...) where immigrant children can get involved in their new community? Do any of these community centers have a particular need that the Bancroft community could help meet?
4. Music: are there traditional songs of the immigrants? Can you find the words/music that you could display on your trifold? Can you play the music on your iPad? Do you play an instrument? Can you video yourself playing the song and have it on your iPad for display?
5. Weave cloth, or make clothing from that period.