Part of The Team
Being a Bancroft parent means that you are a part of a team of dedicated teachers, administrators, and staff working together to support your child's growth. We encourage parents and family members to play an integral role in their child's journey of exploration and discovery.
Parents frequently come to campus for assemblies, presentations, performances, and sporting events. They volunteer to help with class projects or participate as chaperones on school trips. Our very active Parent Faculty Association (PFA) organizes a variety of annual events that bring the community together. We believe active partnerships with families is vital to providing a fully rounded education, and we rely on your involvement in enhancing the life of the School.
The Parent Faculty Association (PFA) is a collaborative of families, faculty, and staff whose aim is to foster a deep sense of community on campus by augmenting and complementing the school experience. There are many ways to participate and we encourage you to seek out your grade representatives or division liaisons, or drop a note directly to the PFA president at PFAPres@bancroftschool.org.
Bancroft's PFA is a member of PIN, a volunteer organization comprised of parent representatives from New England area independent schools. PIN's mission is to provide educational programs to its member schools and to promote parental communication and awareness. PIN is a wonderful resource for parenting seminars and discussions. All parents are welcome to attend any of their meetings.
To learn more visit pin-inc.org
Click Sign In and enter the following login information:
2019-2020 PFA leadership team
- President: Amy Wolf
- Vice President: Susanne Choate
- LS liaison: Gina Thamel
- MS liaison: Karen Walton-Bowen
- US liaison: Susan Onffroy
- Treasurer: Denisa Nasto
- Secretary: Lauren Hamm
- Advancement Partner: Tina Gorski - Strong
2019-2020 - Room Parents
Grade - Name
- PreK Cassia Vadakedathu
- K Meredith Coleman
- 1 Natalia Pavlova
- 2 Melissa Kapitulik
- 3 Ceyhan Akilin
- 4 Sarah Pulsifer
- 5 Padgett Berthiaume
- 6 Diana McManus / Nancy Berley
- 7 Sarah Oikemus / Anne Bond
- 8 Manisha Sinha / Isabel Condon
- 9 Harriet Synodinos
- 10 Susan Fisher
- 11 Kate Chope
- 12 Sara Guin
2019-2020 - PIN Reps
- Kelly Hurd
- Na-Young Osterweis
Please check the school calendar for all the major activities sponsored by the PFA, but we will also reach out to you throughout the year with reminders and calls for help.
PFA meetings are held monthly and are open to all. Schedule of this year's meetings is TBD and will be posted here.
Major PFA Events 2019-20
- Fall Back-to-School Social: Fri. Sept. 6, 2019 @ 7:00-8:30 p.m.
- Upper School Back to School Night: Thurs. Sept. 12, 2019 @ 6:00-7:30 p.m.
- Lower School Back to School Night: Thurs. Sept. 19, 2019 @ 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Middle School Back to School Night: Thurs. Sept. 26, 2019 @ 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Fall Family Festival/Homecoming: Sat. Sept. 21, 2019
- State of School Address: TBD
- Community Dinner (prior to Upper School Musical): TBD
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation Luncheon: TBD
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast: TBD
- Spring Social: TBD
Bi-monthly during the school year, Bancroft publishes Shorelines: a newsletter highlighting the good work and student accomplishments taking place at Bancroft. Shorelines always includes a message from the Head of School to the Bancroft community.
Shorelines: 2019–2020 School Year
Shorelines: 2018-2019 School Year
- May 2019 Shorelines
- April 2019 Shorelines
- March 2019 Shorelines
- February 2019 Shorelines
- January 2019 Shorelines
- December 2018 Shorelines
- November 2018 Shorelines
- October 2018 Shorelines
Please use the email addresses below to report student absences, dismissals, or late arrivals.
- Grades PK-5 Lower School (LS): email@example.com
- Grades 6-8 Middle School (MS): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grades 9-12 Upper School (US): email@example.com
Snow Day Announcements (School Closures or Delays)
Here's what to expect when the forecast calls for severe weather:
- The Head of School and Operations Director will confer in the early-morning hours and make a decision about the school day based on campus and road conditions. If there is going to be a school closure or delay, you will be notified by phone, email, and text.
- Bancroft uses an automated system called SmartNotice to broadcast closures, delays, and emergency alerts. Please make note of these sender IDs:
- After broadcasting the above alerts, we notify the local TV stations and post the information on the School's website and social media.
If you do NOT receive the above notifications, Bancroft School is open as usual. Of course, weather conditions can vary in different communities, so please use your best judgment about the safety of travel from your home to school.
Experience what it means to own your learning. Schedule a visit to our campus today.