Grade 6 Science
Welcome to 6th Grade Life Science! This is a biology class where we will explore a variety of living things from microorganisms to the human body. We will delve into a progression of life science topics, including: the scientific method, characteristics of living things, microscopes, plants, cells, genetics, human reproduction, and evolution.
Learning Skills Objectives
Each student will:
- Be resourceful and self-sufficient.
- Be taught in and express their knowledge in a variety of ways: Verbal/Linguistic; Kinesthetic/Bodily; Visual/Spatial; Interpersonally/Intrapersonally
- Work together in a cooperative manner.
- Strive for improvement in all skills: learning and scientific.
- Be given opportunities to use several cognitive styles: concrete, analytical, integrative and evaluative.
Scientific Skills Objectives
Students will learn and practice skills that will enable them to gather data and think about it themselves. These skills include:
- Observing, Hypothesizing/Predicting, Classification, Experimental design, Analysis,
- Inference, Interpretation, Compare & Contrast, Summarizing, Synthesis, Evaluation
Our Class Atmosphere
Be reliable, respectful, and responsible.
<< Return to Grade 6 Course List