HGP Admission Process
The typical admission process for the Hope Graham Program at Bancroft School involves these steps:
1. Submission of Testing
- We will ask you to submit for the Admission Committee’s confidential review the results of a complete psycho-educational or neuropsychological evaluation of your child, completed within the past 18 months.
- The testing must include a Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (WISC-V), and a clear statement of your child’s learning profile.
- At times, Bancroft School might request additional testing to inform our admission decisions.
2. Parent Visit
- Next, we will contact you to arrange an approximately hour-long parent visit during which you will have an opportunity to meet with the Hope Graham Program Director and Director of Admission, tour the school, learn about the program, and ask questions.
- At the same time, we may ask you clarifying questions pertaining to your child’s testing, learner profile, strengths, and challenges.
- If we are all in agreement about proceeding with the admission process, we will then schedule a time for your child to spend two school days on campus.
3. Student Visit
- Your child will visit in their current grade-level classroom over two consecutive days. Teachers and members of the Admission Committee will observe your child interacting with peers during work and play.
- The teachers will assemble work samples in a portfolio to assist the Admission Committee in its decision.
- Please use the online application login below to begin your application for admission. You will create an account which will provide you access to the online application, as well as all additional required forms. Hope Graham Admission is on a rolling basis.
5. Recommendation Forms
- To help us get to know your child better, we ask for the submission of two recommendation forms as part of your admission application.
- One recommendation form should be given to your child's main classroom teacher, and the other can be completed by a tutor, or another adult who works closley with your child in an academic setting.
- You will find the printable recommendation form as a part of the online application.
- Recommendation forms should be mailed directly to Bancroft's Admission Office by the teacher who completes the form.
- When these steps are complete, the Admission office will let you know as quickly as possible about the final admission decision.