6TH GRADE LIFE SCIENCE
Course Description and Objectives
Welcome to 6th
Grade Life Science!! This is a biology class where we will
explore a variety of living things from microorganisms to the human
body. We will
delve into a progression of life science topics, including: the
scientific method, characteristics of living things, microscopes,
plants, cells, genetics, human reproduction, and evolution.
Learning Skills Objectives
Each student will:
• Be resourceful and self-sufficient.
• Be taught in and express their knowledge in a variety of ways:
• Work together in a cooperative manner.
• Strive for improvement in all skills: learning and scientific.
• Be given opportunities to use several cognitive
styles: concrete, analytical, integrative and evaluative.
Scientific Skills Objectives
Students will learn and practice skills that will enable him/her to
gather data and think about it themselves. These skills include:
Observing, Hypothesizing/Predicting, Classification, Experimental design, Analysis,
Inference, Interpretation, Comparison/contrast, Summarizing, Synthesis, Evaluation
Our Class Atmosphere
Be reliable, respectful, and responsible.