The Bancroft iPad Initiative
As part of our commitment to embrace 21st century technology for education, Bancroft School has adopted the iPad as our 1:1 technology tool for teaching and learning. To ensure the effective and safe use of the iPad both in and out of the classroom, Bancroft School will provide ongoing training to students, faculty, and parents throughout the year.
Click Here to Sign up for New Student
Best Practices for Using the iPad at Bancroft School
This short checklist of actions that will ensure your success using your iPad at Bancroft School
1. Use a personal Apple ID for iCloud.
2. Set iCloud backup on.
3. Set iCloud backup for Documents & Data on.
4. Set Find my iPad on.
5. Set up a Dropbox account using your Bancroft e-mail address.
6. Set Notability Auto Sync to back up your notes to your Dropbox.
7. Put school apps together on one page of your iPad.
8. Set up your Bancroft e-mail as a Microsoft Exchange account.
9. Put e-mail and social apps on a separate page from school apps.
10. Use the correct wireless network.
- US students: Bancroft US mobility
- MS students: Bancroft MS mobility
- Faculty: Bancroft faculty mobility
If you are unfamiliar with any of these settings please visit
Check this page often for training opportunitities
Parent training dates and times
Plan to join us on the following dates for parent iPad training and discussions of how the iPad is being used in the Bancroft classrooms.
Thursday, May 2, 8 - 9 AM, Rice Room
Welcome to the Bancroft School Apple Store!
If you are looking for a place to buy the "New iPad" or an iPad 2 at the newly reduced prices, you have come to the right place. Bancroft School has it's own online Apple Store for education. On this site you will enjoy all of the current educational pricing available from Apple.
In September 2012 every student in grades 6 - 12 will be required to bring their own iPad to school. Any version 16 Gb or 32 Gb iPad will be acceptable.
Atomic Learning Technology Tutorials
have excellent iPad videos available.
Go to http://www.atomiclearning.com/k12/ipad to access these great video resources. On campus you are automatically logged on to the site. For home use look on your Bancroft Portal to find the Atomic Learning username and password.